Chemex® 3 Cup Classic Coffee Dripper
CHEMEX® delivers the purest flavour experience, it brews coffee without imparting any flavours of its own, creating clear, pure, flavourful coffee without bitterness and sediment.
The Three Cup Classic Series used together with the scientifically timeless designed, patented CHEMEX® Bonded Filters, will guarantee that our pour-over brewing process will deliver the perfect cup of coffee.
- Made of non-porous, heat resistant borosilicate glass which will not absorb odours or chemical residues
- Because of its purity, CHEMEX brewed coffee can be covered and refrigerated for reheating without losing flavour
- Capacity 3 cup | 550ml
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER €50!
The Chemex brewer is iconic for a reason. The single glass piece doesn’t just look elegant, it also brews coffee without imparting any flavours of its own, creating clear, pure, flavourful coffee without bitterness or sediment. Due to its purity, Chemex coffee can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for reheating, without losing its flavour. An excellent home coffee brewer.
• Material: non-porous, heat-resistant borosilicate glass
• Size: 3-cup
• Capacity: 550ml
• Filter: Chemex Half Moon Paperfilters (not included)
• Filter lifespan: single use
• Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie
• Dimensions: H=209.5 x Dia: 76mm
• Also available: 6-cup | 8-cup
HOW TO BREW WITH CHEMEX®
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 Cup Chemex
- One 3 Cup Chemex Filter Paper
- Coffee Grinder
- 25g (3 Tablespoons) of medium ground coffee.
- 400 ml of hot water just off the boil (about 96°C)
STEP 1: PREP & PREHEAT
Place the Chemex Filter in the brewer with single fold away from the spout and multiple folds lined up against the spout. Rinse the filter with hot water to get a nice even seal all the way around. This preheats the brewer and gets rid of any paper flavour from the filter. Dump the rinse water and fold the filter toward the spout to reinforce this area.
STEP 2: WEIGHT & GRIND COFFEE
Add your coffee, ground kind of like sea salt. Centre the coffee in your brewer and zero out the scale.
STEP 3: SATURATE GROUNDS
Start the timer when you add the hot water. Pour until all the grounds are saturated or until you reach about 50g. Stir with a chopstick or spoon to make sure there are no dry clumps.
STEP 4: ADD MORE WATER
At 0:45 second, start the second pour, making sure to reintegrate the coffee and water. Pour with a wiggling motion, then a gentle spiral until the volume reaches about a fingertip down from the top of the rim or 250g of water. Pour over the dark spots and avoid the light ones.
STEP 5: FILL TO THE TOP
At 1:45, fill the brewer flush to the top or about 400g of water
STEP 6: WAIT FOR IT TO BREW
At 4:00, you should be pretty close to volume. Lift the filter. It’s okay to hover for a couple of seconds to make sure you have enough volume. Then pull the filter out completely and let it drain into the sink.
CoffeeClick, for the Love of Coffee!