Tia Maria Latte
On a cold, wintery night, there is nothing so warming — or quite so satisfying — as a liqueur coffee.
Our Tia Maria Latte recipe is so simple to make, you can also substitute Tia Maria for Baileys or Cointreau, whichever liqueur you opt for, you’ll be left with a velvety softness that’s perfect as an evening pick me up or even as a sore throat soother (any excuse). And of course, it will go down well with your friends and family as an after dinner drink at this holiday season.
How to make it:
- We start with sprinkle some cocoa powder into the bottom of the glass, but you can skip this step if you wish.
- Pour 40ml of Tia Maria into the glass.
- Meanwhile, you can start whisking your milk by pouring milk into Milk Frother (we have used the full-fat milk here, which froth a little bit better during winter months, but you can use low fat or any plant-based milk also).
- Click once on the milk frother, it will start to whisk.
- Pour one shot of 20ml espresso into the serving glass with Tia Maria (we have used Crema e Gusto capsule, but you can use any other espresso capsule, but we would recommend a stronger blend which can cut through the milk and the liqueur better)
- Pour frothed milk into the glass slowly.
- Dusting it with some demerara sugar or shavings of chocolate if you prefer.